Saturday, March 04, 2006

First shower of the season



Ecstasy has its own ways of expressing itself. Yesterday night it happened to me. Exhausted after a hard day’s work, as sleep lullabied me closer towards it, I saw a flash outside. The rumblings followed. I gave a damn.

After all, when you are exhausted to the hilt and there's no current to keep you busy with the television, the only thing which you can do is hitting the sack. After sometime, another spark of light hit on my window pane. Rumble followed after. The mind was so exhausted to conclude what was happening outside.
Or rather, I was bloody less interested. After all, sleep is also an ecstasy, right;)

Distractions followed. Maybe it was the rumblings outside or within myself for not been able to get a restful sleep, I woke up. As subconsciousness would have had it, I headed straight to my veranda. And behold what do I experience?

The first smell of the season!

The smell of earth, as rain hits the hot boiling gravel was indeed an experience to be experienced. 12.30 a.m., I felt so happy for nothing. I had experienced the first pour of the season in Bangalore.

Water flew like bullets on the skin of the gravel. The smell felt so relieving. Maybe the thought that Mother Nature was generous enough to give the earth some cooling effect was indeed relaxing for me. The hard day’s strain precipitated from me as I stood in my balcony watching the pour increase its force. I too shared the blessings of existence along with the tired earth. Both of us were more or less in the same situation.

This went on for almost half an hour as I stepped inside not to play alongside Nature too much to start with.
By the time I went to bed, it was almost 1.30 a.m. Had to come to office at 7.30 a.m., so had to hit off the sack by 6.00 a.m. The day started fresh. Without any tiresome whatsoever. Its 6.00 p.m. now and the enthusiasm of work is still on a high.

Whatever be the reason, some part of me knows that the first showers of the season is doing the trick for me….

7 Comments:

Blogger Scoot said...

Oh i know.I enjoy the smell of the first rains.it's so raw and earthy.
And thank God it rained!phew!it's getting darn hot.

4:53 am

 
Blogger Sajesh said...

yup! .. i went outside when it rained.. it was pure bliss!

6:38 am

 
Blogger Keshi said...

Wonderful post...

**The smell of earth, as rain hits the hot boiling gravel

beautiful expression and I love that smell that comes from rain hitting soil...so fresh so inviting...

Keshi.

5:57 pm

 
Blogger Dewaker Basnet said...

maya cassis: true its getting darn hot...and the trees are non exixstant in some parts of the city:(
Yldguy: Dude. Glad that u too enjoyed the first showers of the years:)
keshi: thanks:)

7:58 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanx for dropping by at my blog dude. But visited my old blog. Go
here next time1 *:)

Was at palace grounds sitting inside the car and waiting for my artiste to perform last evening. Oh man what a downpour! The show almost got cancelled!

And yeah, the rain does the trick for all of us! :)

9:20 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thought U'd wanna take a look At this blog
, and tell me what u think!!!

I feel like "Narada" from Indian Mythology! *wink*

8:56 pm

 
Blogger Jade said...

AHA! Anjaan, you didn't succeed in your dastardly endeavour! :P

12:44 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home