Monday, March 06, 2006

Timepassing in a coffee shop


Hard day’s work, cold coffee, Saturday evening. Nice place. Lots of people. Music playing on the background but completely overpowered by the noise of the teens enjoying their weekend evening.

Single guy sitting in the next table.

What must he be thinking looking at almost all the doubles who have filled the coffee house? At least I am doing something;) and not ogling at the couples having a good time at the place!

Talking about couples, I screen around the place. A pair coochicooing in the corner ( there’s no corner btw, only if they knew that they were so very visible to the whole public).

The guys sitting behind me are at their merry best. Yes, I can hear the nursery rhyme which sounds something like – Happy Birthday….Great!

One of the guys has such a loud voice. Forgiven!

They are celebrating. The coffee is being brewed. Can hear the noise of the machine.

Some guys are hanging around the book store. Looking at the segment they are fiddling with, no second thoughts that they are software guys. Bangalore. Software. That goes without saying eh..

Err.. forgot to point out that this is a coffee shop which has a book store attached to it.
Sounds great but this comes with a rider. You cannot take any book to the table until you have bought it.

Forgiven again!

Music has stopped. The RJ is interviewing some guy. My mobile gets a message.

I stop writing and respond to the msg.

I’ve heard the song before. This is the Punjabi MC guy.

Music gets louder. Maybe the guys behind the counter want to keep the tempo of the music with the noise of the place. This is too loud now… I hint the counter guy to lower the music. He smiles and does not oblige. Well the smile defeats me.

The guy sitting next to me gets up and moves towards the counter. Leaves the shop after paying the bill. I look towards the wall.

Ravi Verma’s reprints. 10,000 plus rupees. So pricey even after death.
Cool!

Move my eyes elsewhere. The Mitrokhin Archive II, Chiefs, Andy Menab..

The guy sitting behind me walks out. The next one follows. I can hear the coffee machine.

The table next to mine is cleared…

Vikram Seth - Two lives, Jack Welch – Winning, Digital Photography…

Music still running..place is much more silent now..Can hear the music clearly now..
Talatum is what the singer croons…100 times repetation of the same word!!! ( anyone can solve the mystery meaning of the same?)

Can see a hip looking guy at the book store! Gut feeling that he will not buy any…
......................................

I see my friend arrive. Wrap up my pad, focus my attention towards my friend, smile and start enjoying my time to glory:)

8 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

There r alot of things happening at any given point in a coffee shop isnt it..:) I love coffee so coffee shops r my fav daily place too...hehehehe...


Keshi.

6:35 pm

 
Blogger Sajesh said...

psst.. which coffee shop is that?

9:02 pm

 
Blogger Dewaker Basnet said...

keshi: ya lots of things happening;)
yldguy: hahaha...can i suggest you to explore the place.. we hardly know places beyond ccday and barista:) do let me know if u do find out the place dude;) ill let u know if uve got the rite place then:)

10:17 pm

 
Blogger Scoot said...

i hate coffee but I love cafes.

10:42 pm

 
Blogger Dewaker Basnet said...

maya: sitting there and looking around is so inetresting, right;)

11:09 pm

 
Blogger Scoot said...

your post just reminded me that i have to go to a cafe for fun.i completely forgot how much time i pass just doing that.;)

12:37 pm

 
Blogger Dewaker Basnet said...

alexis: yes fun while it lasts true:)

maya: ur right? btw do u have any clue of the place im talking bout:)? assuming that u r in Bangalore

4:12 am

 
Blogger Ira Pradhan said...

I know which one this is! I don't think you want to tell people which coffee shop this is eh, Diwaker?!

1:19 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home