Monday, June 26, 2006

Just needed a dose of inspiration, so plagiarized this one ;)

WHEN THINGS GO WRONG

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile,
but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit-Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given upWhen he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Unknown

(Just needed a great dose of inspiration, so pasted this beautiful one by some unknown angel..Thanks for the poem whoever has written this one...i'll come back again and again and yet again when im low...maybe u guys could also refer this :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Neha said...

yeah inspiring one.

7:24 am

 
Blogger Ekta said...

guess I needed the dose of inspiration too!
Perfect timing for the post!

6:22 pm

 
Blogger Dewaker Basnet said...

alexis: wow, thanks for the info...yeah a truely inspiring one:)

neha: :) yeah it is dear...

ekta: glad that it helped u:)

9:08 am

 
Blogger Anand said...

fab piece!
Guess this is something we cld all put up on our pinboards!

12:12 am

 
Blogger Dewaker Basnet said...

anand: yeah i would rather suggest each one to paste this in thier board..dunno when u would need it :)

3:35 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this has been the first one i have ever read i have it by kristone

here are more by kristone

This is the beginning of a new day.
God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it...or use it for good. But what I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever. Leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain and not loss, good and not evil, success and not failure, in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it."
-Kristone-

Some people have a wonderful way of putting others at ease...
They say and do the little things that will comfort and will please...
They have a special kind of warmth, they're quick to understand.
And whenever there is trouble they lend a helping hand.
This world of ours is a better place and happier by far...
Because there are some special people as wonderful as you are.

If you think you're beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't,
It's almost for sure, you won't.

If you think you're losing, you've lost.
For out in the world we find --
Success begins with a person's will,
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise.
You have to stay with it,
In order to win the prize.

Life's battles don't always go,
To the one with the better plan.
For more often than not, you will win,
If only you think you can.

I refuse to believe that I was ever a monkey
or primordial slime
My teachers can't train me and scientists
can't convince me.
My God created me in His own image.
My God gave me stewardship over His creation--
plant and animal.
My God made me tri-partite--
body, spirit, mind.
O' that the world would see what a marvelous
God is He!
I'm not an animal.

: The Weaver

My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He works so steadily.

Oft' times He weaves in sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper
And I, the underside.

The dark threads are as needed
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

Not till the loom is silent
And shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why

8:04 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP buy phendimetrazine on line Vw trike plans free

8:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home