Monday, July 03, 2006

An interesting phase!?...Whateva.......

Its an interesting period for me. Had been trying to continue with my post grad in broadcast journo. Somewhere and somehow things did not go the way I intended it should have. And that's made it further interesting. Some revelations, some flashes of wisdom, some sweetness in the flavour called friends while some well...not so anticipated change of hearts and guards.

As I gave up my cushioned job about 2 months back, wanting to persue my studies, never did I realise the agony of being a jobless person. Further more, I did realise the pangs of someone who is so very out of work is agonizing. Had a friend who used to be with me during the times he was scouting for the means to his bread and butter. The irritation he had written all over him, interview after interview, sometimes getting knocked of in the first round itself, sometimes going till the HR round and opportunity slipping like an eel....the wrechedness is so very understandable and empathizing by me at this point in time.

Those days, I relaxedly sitting on a couch caled job used to give him all the fundes about how to go for a job and what to say and what not to say..how to greet, make eye contact et al...the world's round..definitely proved!

But that's okay..It gives me further impetus and realization about optionizing situations. Did not very seriously think of an option what would I do if I did not....My optimism then graced me with rose colored glasses...Well all in the umbrella called experience, guess:)

That was the job thingi...Now sustainance..Spent about a month and half traveling to places for the admission thingi. Got some but did not intend to get in. Lost where I badly wanted to enter! Lots of Gandhis flowing through the hand. A month..have to get a job anyhow...Its not a comfortable feeling when one is just spending and no assests to fall back on :)

Third time... Have been watching movies at home, reading a lot (thanks to my unemployed status:), loggin on to Naukri.com again and again and again, writing some ad copies (again thanks to unemployment:), now intending to read a few hindi books to sharpen my ad-copies...:) eating on and off and yeah sleeping too:)

Fourth people.... some nice observations made, interesting enough to make me think..some have been like angels, helping me whenever and however they could and can, some been thete consoling its okay to be as I am right now ( i know its not OK:) but still the empathy is a nice thingi, some 'good friends' whiskered away, while some are just there to laugh with..they too are as jobless like yours truely...the difference..they bunk college:)

Been an interesting observation..this phase giving me enough time to separate the wheat from the shaff...

Hopefully I come out of this situation soon and bounce back with inspired energies as I enter a new place and a new office:) Yeah btw planning to leave bangalore for good and endeavor towards reaching my dreams in Mumbai:)...and Hopefully again, the next blog would be of my finding a new place, space and wisdom....
Cheers....

12 Comments:

Blogger Neha said...

cheers to u too!
hats off man to ur perseverence...
i would have lost my mind by now!
all the best now.
do some real time hunting now.
and do let us know as soon as u land into something of ur choice...
mumbai! the city of dreams!
bravo man!

4:21 am

 
Blogger Keshi said...

Leaving Bangalore for good? whoaa a big change! Good luck Dewaker n TC!

Keshi.

11:27 pm

 
Blogger Dewaker Basnet said...

neha: i too am losing my mind...but in small pieces ;) hopefully by the time i lose it all i get a job in mumbai..hey, thanks for the wishes, appreciate that :)

alexis: hey buddy, thanks for ur wishes...glad to have frens like u around:)

keshi: yea some major shift..lesse what life holds for me...or rather could be the opposite too :)

3:50 pm

 
Blogger Keshi said...

focus positively and step ahead in style :)

Keshi.

10:13 pm

 
Blogger Lavanya said...

All the very best!

3:26 am

 
Blogger another illusion said...

all the bestest!! just don't give up...u'll get what u want! :)

9:05 am

 
Blogger Rupali_Srivastava said...

I have been through a lay-off. I went to office in the morning without the slightest idea that by the evening that day I would not have a job. It was those tough times when the IT bubble burst.
Believe me, the expereience made me tough and today I never count on something being there for me for ever.

You will make it, it is just a matter of time

7:54 am

 
Blogger Tarun said...

Where there is a will tehre is a way.

12:04 pm

 
Blogger Keshi said...

Dewaker I hope ur not affected in any way by the Mumbai blasts. TC.

Keshi.

9:57 pm

 
Blogger Dewaker Basnet said...

keshi: thanks for the concern keshi:) im absolutely fine and kicking in mumbai...

4:30 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP pro sports ticket Affiliate program real Upskirts bbw sports party supplies Sports gsmes Dvr security camera surveillance cameras Get your florida fishing license Love making stories for adult negative sport influences Blue diamond car wax http://www.columbia-and-snake-river-cruises.info/sportsdisssongs.html Low cholesterol low fat recipe Dodge minivan 2005 oral maxilla facial surgery fox cities Laser tattoo removal blog Ray lorello football divorce rate in united states Calling comparison conference

2:44 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Apis footwear company womens athletic Strictly bmw what are soft contact lenses made out of Micro pace dvd players Lesbian hot tub orgy Chevy malibus body kits Cadillac 1428 http://www.hawaiiancarseatcover.info Law enforcement scholarship http://www.paper-printers.info/cardvdwholesalecheap.html Compare 2006 toyota highlander lexus rx paxil acura and car http://www.florida-mortgage-3.info/acura-repair-manuals.html human resource job qualifications diet no ionamin pill prescription Rhinoplasty deaths blonde bang Mehler digital printing gahanna city tax

5:21 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home